To PARENTS: Welcome to the Cub Pack blog!


https://media.istockphoto.com/vectors/welcome-banner-speech-bubble-vector-id918027748
Hi everyone! Scouter Michael here.

The purpose of this blog is to have everyone keep in touch and share how they've been keeping busy during this time of social isolation. I've added the parents of both Cub Packs at St. Francis Xavier School and Immaculate Conception Parish.

Each week, I'll send out an "assignment" asking Cubs to do something and then have you (parents) help them make a blog post about it. Ultimately, I want to challenge Cubs to try to be productive and accomplish things; some assignment examples could include "plan a weekly exercise routine to do with your family" or even "make an improvement to your home to make it more environmentally friendly" (sounds hard, but definitely do-able).

I also want everyone to participate in this "community"! I encourage you and/or your Cubs (with your assistance) to please comment on others' posts: share your thoughts, what you liked, and so on. The idea is to not only keep individuals productive and engaged but to also share activity ideas between all Cubs, parents, and leaders (yes, leaders will have to do assignments too!).

Please help your Cubs by relaying my emails and "assignments" to them, helping them plan and do the task, and helping them make the blog post. I have added all parent email addresses so you may create posts on this blog (let me know if you'd like to add another email address) — I would suggest using your Cub's name on your profile so everyone knows who it is. The link to this blog site will only be shared among our group's parents and leaders.


I suggest adding the following elements to each post:
  1. Description and photo of final product
  2. A few steps of the process (with photos)
  3. Your favourite part the most challenging part
You can check out any of the leaders' posts as examples.


Please comment below if you have any questions!


Scouter Michael




Comments

  1. Remember to comment on posts! Share your thoughts and what you liked about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment